Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Monday, April 28, 2014



Fiti cu Minte – Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen!

It’s been too quick since I've last emailed. Weeks are going way too fast and I’m struggling to keep up!

We have two new investigators: Alin and Gabriel are two young teenagers who live just outside the city. We have to take a bus taxi or "maxi taxi" out to their house to see them. They are technically gypsy and the whole family lives on the same street. The Sisters have been teaching the young girls in the family and referred us to the boys. We have only met with them once so I don’t really know all that much yet, but it should be pretty good considering we don’t have too many investigators. While out in there suburbs, we see horse pulled carts and sheet metal houses. I haven’t taken pictures because I feel like it’s disrespectful, but I will ask the guys if it’s okay next time!

We spent some time in Bucharest for the district conference yesterday and it was pretty sweet.  It felt like I was back home because the whole chapel was filled.  There were probably 300 or more there and it was sweet. There was an area 70 there named Axel Leimer from Germany that talked to us a lot about the priesthood.  He said that when giving a blessing "don’t just say a nice little prayer with your hands on someone’s head. If you are just going to say a nice little prayer, the sisters are better equipped for it. You need to give a blessing and promise people something."  Kind of got me thinking.

Anyway, this week went quick and I’m excited to Skype home soon!   

I love and miss all you guys!

Elder Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment