Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Week One in the MTC - Complete!



Salut Everyone,

The first week at the MTC went quick!

My companion is Elder Bonner from Heber. Nice kid - He dances, sings and is always full of energy!

When it comes to the Romanian language, I have no idea what I’m doing!  We teach a fake investigator once a day that speaks only Romanian which becomes a challenge.  When she asks questions, it becomes hard.  Just yesterday we misunderstood and told her the going on a mission was a commandment!

Our district has four Elders and five Sisters. The other two Elders are Anderson, a super nice kid from SoCal that is actually normal; his companion Elder Duker.  Duker reminds me of Sheldon off of the Big Bang Theory. He is from Iowa and was home schooled. The kid is wicked smart.  The sisters are all cool!  Two are from Utah, one from Boston, Texas and Georgia.  They’re all super nice and get on us when we get off task.

We had a pretty cool experience this week.  Sister Hovey (Boston) felt really sick the Friday after we arrived.  She went to the doctor in the MTC and he gave her a few numbing pills that gave her no relief.  He said that it was likely her appendix and it may have to be removed. She asked ME of all people for a blessing; I’ve never given one!  I had to read from the handbook how and borrow oil from the Italian Elders. The cool part was that after the blessing we went down the hall and left Sister Hovey with her companions. It had been five minutes when we came back, to find her crying. I thought we had messed-up the blessing and she was either mad or just hurting.  When I asked her what was up she replied "it’s gone" (meaning the pain).  It was pretty cool, but I learned quickly that I need to be more prepared; even if it’s only your 3rd day in the MTC.

No comments:

Post a Comment