Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Monday, August 4, 2014

Go West Young Man!



Sorry I missed y'all last week.

Well if you haven’t heard, I’m leaving Ploiesti to move to Arad. It’s a smaller city on the west side of the country about 10 kilometers from the Hungarian border. I’m pretty stoked to get out of here and see new places. My companion is Baielli (By-EL-ee) and from Italy. He moved to Idaho at age 16 and speaks English pretty well. I will be able to travel between two other cities as a Zone Leader and I hear this area of the country is a lot prettier.

Ploiesti has been pretty low key lately. All of our branch left yesterday to go on a temple trip to Freiburg Germany. I said goodbyes yesterday and took some pictures. Haven’t been meeting with too many people but we met a guy named George who is hilarious. He often complains about stomach pain and over eating. The other day I was just standing waiting for George to come out of his house and this 4 year old kid named Alex came up and threw his soccer ball at me. I kicked it back and he returned the ball. We sat there talking and playing pass for 10 minutes and it reminded me of Kari’s boys.

We also had a salsa making competition within our district this week. I felt pretty confident going in with only one real competitor being Sora Barrera from El Salvador. We took an anonymous vote; I won, but rigged it so Elder Kennedy won instead. The victor had to wear a sombrero we have at the church, for some reason, and be pictured with the winning salsa (see picture).

You can tell we struggle to find fun around here but I’m alive! Time is moving quickly and I’m excited to see what’s going to happen.

Everyone, please keep me updated on the new baby and I will see you soon!

Love ya,
Keegan

No comments:

Post a Comment