Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The Home Stretch!



Salut - People of the outside world!   Thank you everyone for sending me letters and emails this last week! I love reading everything and hearing about the outside!

As I mentioned, we had L. Tom Perry as a speaker. He was pretty sweet and had some good stuff to say. His focus was on being safe and with your companion at all times. He mentioned that he still spends time with one of his mission companions and that he loves those relationships.   

Even with mom sending me boxes of junk food each week, I have yet to gain or lose a single pound - still hanging around 155!   I never workout..... I only play volleyball and I’m getting pretty good!  It’s a sad day when you look forward to volleyball and getting your Preach My Gospel book laminated. 

Being the District Leader is seriously the lamest job on earth.  You have so little responsibility but everyone acts like it’s a big deal.  I would say the best part is being able to hand out mail but when I do it wrong people freak-out.  Nobody is as laid back as at home!  Regardless, I still love it here and am having fun all the time.

I see Luke Gibbs every once in a while and Walker Holloway too, for those of you who know him. They both went to school with me.  Brittany Barrett was the girl that went through the temple the same day as me and I’ve seen her once or twice. Everyone in the zone was freaking out because I talked to a CUTE Sister! 

Romanian is still hard.... I struggle with it every day and it’s weird that sometimes I will speak without a problem and other times I can’t get out a simple sentence. It’s hard to remember everything they teach you because it is all so quick. We learn two three concepts a week and it’s impossible to keep up.  We have sweet teachers though which makes it better. 

Mom - I love the pumpkin rolls so much!  They remind me of home and I never share with anyone. Seriously, they are the best! Thanks for the package!   I’m the most spoiled kid here.  I seriously can’t keep up with all the snacks though. I love you to death and hope you have the best birthday ever! I will be thinking of you and there should be a surprise for you - XOXO

Love you all so much! 
 
Elder Keegan Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment