Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Monday, February 10, 2014

Actually have stuff to write about this week!


Just to clarify, I didn’t get a new comp this week!  I’m still with Elder Dearden and we figure we’ll stay together for a while.  He sings and hums and whistles hymns constantly and is the most obedient missionary in the mission.  We’ve had some crazy success!

With that little note, here we go.  In the last seven days we have been allowed into four doors!  We have about eight potential investigators and are planning for six or seven lessons this week.  We used a whiteboard in our apartment and accounted for 18 people/families!  They are either new investigators, less active, recent converts or potential investigators.  Elder Dearden says he has never heard of this much success for anyone and was pretty stoked!  I guess we will start doing ACTUAL missionary work for the next few weeks – Kind’a exciting! 

It was weird when I had to actually teach someone the restoration in Romanian.  It made me realize that I don’t know squat - Haha!   I need to do better on studying.  I had my first dream in Romanian which was weird . . . Devan and I went to Vegas to record at the studio and sat down for dinner with Paul and Chance. The people next to us were Romanian and I just started talking to them.  Chance went nuts when they spoke Romanian.  It was really weird, but . . . 

We did some fun stuff this week!  We took a train up to a small city about an hour away for P-day.  The city is called Sinaia and reminds me a lot of Park City.  Very nice, expensive homes and cars nestled into a little ski city!  We went there to see "Peles Castle" and it’s pretty sweet!  It’s super nice inside and has a ton of woodwork and all kinds of antiques.  I have no idea on the history because we took the tour in Romanian but feel free to look it up if you want to know more.  We also took the ski lift to the top of the mountain just for fun and some pictures.  We had to walk all the way down though because we didn’t pay for the ride down and obviously didn’t have skis . . . I was slightly tempted though – Haha! 

I still don’t know my investigators well enough to give you that much info . . . But I’ll let you know next week if we start having some good lessons with people.  Maybe if people ask to meet with us more than once, we can get some progressing investigators! 

The weather is warming-up in Ploiesti and I’m excited for the spring - NO MORE SNOW! 

Love and miss all you guys! 



Keeg

No comments:

Post a Comment