Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Monday, September 29, 2014

Chickens and Pigs


Well, just a quick update . . . I don’t have too much for you this week but I’m still living in Arad. I guess President has been in Moldova and hasn’t been back to Bucuresti to sign our apartment agreement yet. So in the meantime, we've been chillin' in Arad trying to keep busy. 

Pretty crazy thought, but according to the MTC's date they issued me, I’m going home a year from today - September 29th, 2015.  So for mom, and those of you who are counting down, we have 365 more to go!  For me, its nuts!  I can’t believe I've been in a foreign country and learning this language for so freaking long and still don’t feel like I've figured it out yet.  I will probably freak out again on October 16th, considering it’s the actual year day. 

We didn’t have a baptism in Arad this week like we wanted. Turns out she had some last minute doubts and doesn’t want to be judged by members for being a little bit "lower class."  It’s a big problem here because people are so racist against Gypsies!  If you have darker skin, you are automatically disrespected.  Amazes me how relaxed they are while discriminating.  Hopefully she feels more comfortable and gets baptized in the future.

We also visited our Branch President and took some photos with his animals.  

I got pretty sick this week, but with the help of Lipton Fruit Tea, Tylenol Cold and Flu, and some serious sleeping, I was over it in about two days. 

Nothing too crazy going on lately. Sorry you guys don’t receive sick stories too often, but I will work on getting into some trouble or something. 

Love you guys and Go Bolts!

No comments:

Post a Comment