Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Ce Faci Fata de Vanilie – Why Cope with Vanilla?


Hello from Communist Moldova! 

It took 16 months, but today I was hit by a car – Haha!  Don’t worry mom, it wasn’t bad at all.  The light was green at the cross walk and right as I started to run across the street, the light went red and a car started to go.  I realized in time and jumped out of the way after getting pushed a little bit.  Everyone laughed at me and it wasn’t too big of deal, but I’m gonna be more attentive as I cross. 

Last week on P-day we got a tour of the city and climbed an old communist ski lift.  It was pretty dope and I’ve posted a picture. The city is dirty and old but it is cool if you take the time to look at it. 

English class on Tuesday was insane!  We had a beginner class in both Romanian and Russian, medium was the same, a children’s class and our advanced class.  There were people standing in our class so I went to search the building for more chairs and checked every room in the building.  EVERY chair was taken!  It was insane!   We were pushing 200 people at English on Tuesday.  From English we met a pretty dope guy named Dumitru.  He has shown interest in prophets and revelation and so we are stoked to get started with him.  He has a girlfriend too so we will teach her as well.  They have been coming to activities and all the other missionaries say we need to baptize him. 

The Russian speaking elders here are pretty nuts and get bored often (they only get to serve in 3 cities out of the whole mission) so they tried to spice up life by making a juice drinking competition.  Every district nominated a person to drink the most juice out of the whole zone and I was picked for the Romanians. They are nuts though . . . after four days, one guy already hit 40 liters!  I’m only at about 10 but I’m hoping he gets sick and slows down.  Then I will catch up! 

Love you guys and miss you! 

Go Utes! 

By the way, you can Google Earth Keegan’s address to see where he lives.
Home: Strada Cornului 9, Chişinău, Moldova
Church: 41/1 str. Vasile Alecsandri, Bubuieci, Chişinău, Moldova

No comments:

Post a Comment