Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Monday, February 2, 2015

Happy Super Bowl Weekend!


What’s up everyone!  

Happy Super Bowl weekend!  Sounds like a pretty good game a wild finish!  They didn’t show it here, but while we were in a restaurant they were showing the mens and womens final of the Australian Open . . . how predictable! 

We’re getting ready for english classes tomorrow and its gonna be nuts. So far in my mission, the biggest english course I ever taught was less than 60 people.  Our District Leader wanted to have 100 people this transfer so we put a little more effort into classes.  Well . . . over the last week we have had over 300 phone calls for english and have reached 60,000+ people on Facebook.  That wasn’t a typo . . . we reached sixty-thousand people.  We talked to our branch president and from past experience, he expects somewhere around 1,500 people to show-up!  This is unheard of in this mission.  It is going to be insane and we are all pretty nervous. 

Other than that . . . we teach a kid named Sergiu.  He is 16, wears all black and has cornrows.  He is freaking hilarious!  He doesn’t really know if God exists yet, but loves meeting with us.  He was embarrassed to tell us that he has never read a book in his life.  I asked him if he wanted to try something hard and he agreed to read one book out of the standard works of the church and we will see who can read faster, me or him.  If he wins I’m gonna take him out to eat anywhere in the city.  If I win nothing happens, but now we have him excited!  We are gonna meet every week to see how he is doing and talk about what we read.  It’s gonna be dope and he is funny.  I will attach a picture. 

Moldova is still weird and is going to be a funny experience!  Speaking of funny things check out my email this week from president . . .  "President Geambasu (Oradea, Romania) confided in me his great respect for you. Thank you for your service there. It made a huge difference.  Work with real intent in Chisinau. It isn't about looking good. It's about working with real intent. I remember the point on my mission when I totally lost myself in the work and started caring so much for the good people I was serving. As I hear you speak of President Geambasu and President Covali I sense you giving of yourself. Thank you. Keep progressing and serve those good people who need our support. Thanks."

Then I read the part "its not about looking good" I laughed really hard!  I’m not sure what it means, but I couldn’t stop laughing.  By the way . . . this email is huge in comparison to his others!  I’m usually lucky to get a four word response without capitalization or punctuation!  I’m moving up in the world. 

Love you guys! 
Keeg

No comments:

Post a Comment