Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Monday, April 6, 2015

Paste Fericit - Happy Easter!


Everyone was asking about conference and if I was able to watch it. They prepare the talks far in advance and give it to a few native Romanians to translate, then the talks are then given back to some returned missionaries in Utah and they can then read the talks as the general authorities are speaking. The missionaries have horrible accents and sometimes you can’t understand but we are able to watch conference live or it can be rebroadcasted for us to watch here. 

This week we had MLC and I was asked to give a presentation on integrity.  I've finally been to enough of these things that I don’t get too nervous presenting in front of people, which is nice . . . Or, maybe I have just stopped caring what people think – Haha!  We had to get up at 3.30 a.m. for an hour flight and returned home around 11:00 p.m.!  It was a long day and we were wrecked. 

While in Bucuresti, I took the opportunity to buy some goods.  This new store just opened in north Buc that has some American goods.  It’s incredible . . . after a year search for root beer, I bought 8 cans (all they had in stock) and a jar of Skippy extra crunchy peanut butter.  I then had to check my luggage to get it back to Moldova, but it was worth it!  I've been eating stellar peanut butter and banana sandwiches all week long! 

I thought Moldova would start heating up but this week we had some snow!  It didn’t stick, but it was pretty mentally abusive – Haha!   We just want to go outside and not be cold anymore.  It was great weather though in Bucuresti so we soaked it up. 

Transfer boards come out this week and I have no idea again what to expect.  This may have been the fastest week of the mission and the transfer flew as well.  Not sure what I’m going to do with myself. 

We have been delivering these super cool Easter cards (pictured with elder harper) to a bunch of people here in Chisinau.  They have a DVD inside with a bunch of church videos related to Easter and we deliver them to people who order via the internet.  They are free, so we will deliver a ton.  We made a delivery this week to two chicks . . . We started talking about Easter and how in the village, Easter is much better and celebrated more.  Harper mentioned: "I would love to spend Easter in the village!"  About three hours later we get a text that says "hey this is Mariana!  You mentioned that you were wanting to spend Easter in the village, well behold (they say that in Romanian) I wanna invite you!  If you really wanna go?"  This whole Easter video thing might end up backfiring if we only get young girls to order the video! 

From what I heard you guys had a good Easter and week.  The weather there looks great so live it up for me!  I’m excited to skype you guys this next transfer and maybe get to hear Lucy's voice – Haha! 

Va iubesc (I love you)
Keeg

No comments:

Post a Comment