Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Monday, May 11, 2015

Trimit un Mesaj Oamenilor Mei - A message to my peeps!


I was stoked to talk to talk with you on skype this week!  The kids are huge and fun!  I can't believe how happy Pippa is all the time. 

We had MLC this week so everyone was here in Bucuresti for a day.  Usually it's me getting on a flight at 3:00 a.m. and not getting back in bed until after midnight the next day.  Luckily I only had to conduct this time and Elder Allphin presented with the Ivorys.  It went pretty well and President subliminally made fun of me for taking so many pottery classes in high school.  Elder Allphin gave a presentation about quality versus quantity and used a ceramics example and had me share a story about how frustrating it can be sometimes.  President was joking and laughing pretty hard, saying that all I do in the office is throw pots on the wheel.  It's fun seeing him lighten up slightly and he laughs more nowadays. 

Yesterday, we had this guy at church named Jude.  We received his number as a referral from some other missionaries and invited him to church.  He is here studying business and is originally from Nigeria. He’s a super humble dude and seemed to have a good time.  He has a few buddies back at the dorms and we are gonna get in and be friends with all the foreign peeps here in Buc. 

This week we get to drive all the way up to Oradea which is a nine hour trip, so we’ll break it up into two days and stay with the elders in Sibiu for a night.  I will be in Oradea again for two or three days, which will be fun, and I'm gonna try and meet up with a few of the people that I used to teach and know.  Oradea is still my favorite city in the mission.  Hopefully when we are driving back on Monday the week later we will have time to email.  I think we might be able to do some site seeing because it will be P-day.  On our way back we pass a few castles including Draculas and then some historic cities and other dope touristic sites.  It would be incredible if we could do something on our way back, but we’ll see.

Nothing too new lately . . . I took my suits to the dry cleaner so today will be pretty normal.  We will try and play some sports if we have time and get some food too.  I love you guys and we will see each other soon! 

Love you,
Keeg

Here is a picture of me on Cinco de Mayo at the only Mexican place around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment