Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Monday, November 17, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom!


I hope you all had a good week and celebrated Moms Birthday!  I wish I could've been there but I won’t miss it next year!

I’m going to start with the conference we had this week.  Our entire zone went to Bucuresti this week for a combined three zone conference.  We had a guest speaker, Elder Patrick Kearon of the Seventy.  He is a cool guy from England.  A convert to the church, he had some good input on missionary work from an investigator point of view.  It took him two years of receiving lessons before accepting baptism.  Pretty cool guy!   His quotes: "you utterly bursted my bubble,” "I love the joy of your ringtone,"  "that was cracking" and "rubbish" multiple times.  We met with him first as zones, then the next day as mission leaders where he wasn’t as much fun, but said some good stuff.  We flew back Friday night to Oradea. 

As for our boy Augustin?  He is good!  We had a two hour (way too long) lesson with him on Saturday and talked about authority and the importance of baptism.  He had all kinds of questions and was super stoked when he found out that we have a living Prophet and Apostles.  With all his questions it took us forever to get through the lesson.  By the end he said "I wanna be Mormon" and accepted baptism.  We haven’t set a date for him yet, but I’m sure that will follow soon.  He just wants to be more prepared before picking a day.  We meet with him again on Wednesday.

Not much else is going on right now.  We don’t have plans for my birthday yet, but will probably go out to dinner and stuff.  There is a place here that serves really good red velvet cake, so that is pretty much what I’m stoked for most.

GO UTES, GO BOLTS!

Love you guys!
Keeg

No comments:

Post a Comment