Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Monday, March 2, 2015


Here we are starting a new transfer. The last six weeks were the quickest of my mission and I know when spring hits time will just fly. 

The transfer board came out and I think president is concerned about me?  My former companion is the new AP and the former AP is my new companion!  He must be trying to keep a close eye on me I guess and make sure I’m not doing anything too crazy – Haha! 

I will remain in Chisinau again as a Zone Leader.  I’ve been a ZL longer than not.  We have another set of Elders coming Wednesday with the same amount of apartments, so there will now be four missionaries living at my place.  I’m officially in the biggest district and the biggest zone!  It’s nuts the amount of missionaries we have here and everything that is going on. 

We had zone conference this week and President Ivory came-up along with his parents, Ellis and Katie Ivory.  They were pretty fun people and they told us all kind of stories about president from back in the day.

Chisinau is warming up a little bit, but still coat weather.  I’m dying to get some sun and warmth.  Since arriving here, some crazy things have happened.  The Russian government has control of the largest banks in Moldova and weird things happen with the currency.  When I first got here, the dollar was worth 14 Moldovan lei.  The conversion rate went from 14 to 27 over the course of 10 days.  It then crashed back to 15 lei overnight, and has climbed back up to 18.5 as of today!  It’s crazy how things work out and the influence Russia has here. 

The sisters that I came-out with from the MTC will now be leaving for home in 6 weeks, and then I will only have 6 months left!  Its nuts how time is flying and I’m sure it will be here freaking quick. 

Love you guys!
Keeg

No comments:

Post a Comment