Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Elder Keegan Karsten Brown

Monday, December 29, 2014

Sarbatori Fericite - Happy Holidays!


This year we had a Christmas get together as a branch.  I helped cook all day long (no surprise here in Romania) and we had cabbage and pork.  I was also Santa's helper and handed out gift bags to everyone. Elder Manning was Santa and it was fun.  I also presented the United States Christmas traditions to the whole branch. 

Christmas Eve was caroling, eating food, listening to music and playing Settlers.  Christmas Day, we woke up and went to the church for a gift exchange.  I received Elder Manning and gave him a Disney Princess sparkling cider and a mermaid doll . . . He loved it!  We ate crepes, hung-out, watched movies and skyped you guys. 

On the 26th, the District President for Romania-West invited us over for dinner.  The Geambasu family shared a Christmas family tradition of reading the book ‘You Are Special’ and feeding us. They gave us some fruit and candy as well.  I haven’t cried too much on my mission, if at all, but President Geambasu shared some very kind words with me and broke me down pretty bad.  Thanks pops for the sensitive trait. 

We visited an investigator’s farm outside of the city which was fun. He is a dope young guy and showed us around the village life.  This is how I thought my mission would be (pictures below); dirt roads, farms, humble people, and animals!  Gotta love it! 

Yesterday, I found mold in our apartment . . . lots!   I opened a closet, we don’t use, and found tons of mold from floor to the ceiling.  It was incredible!  It took me forever to clean and I then cleaned the entire apartment - Great day, great day! 

Not much going on.  We fly to Bucharest on the sixth and I think I have a cavity . . . That’s the news!

I love you guys and miss you!
Keeg

No comments:

Post a Comment